Friday, June 22, 2012

Oopsie and enjoying the yard

OK, so I sort of missed a post about Mother's Day!  It is difficult to keep track of my Instagram pictures in relation to our Nikon pictures.  I try, but I obviously fail.  Nonetheless, my amazing and sweet husband knew how badly I wanted a Kindle Fire, and so I got one for Mother's day!  Chad is pretty amazing... :)


I know I've mentioned this before, but we thoroughly enjoy our yard.  We love spending time in it, the girls love playing (well, I would be kidding if I said we didn't love playing in it, too) in it, and we love (yelp, perhaps love isn't quite the term I would use) working in it.  It is a LOT of work, but it certainly does pay off, especially when we have company over (pictures from that day will be coming soon, maybe even tonight??). 
While the girls were playing in the sandbox, I pulled out my camera and meandered around the yard.  I caught this butterfly (or is it a moth? Come on, Mike, I know you'll know) on our pretty blue flowers in the back bed. @ Tricia- this one of the butterfly pics I told you about.

Not only do we love the yard, Finn enjoys it as well.  Gol, he is such a cutie, but after today's escapades (no worries, you'll hear ALL about this later), I'm sure frustrated with the cute, stinkerpot!

Our bed of annuals- we chose red, orange, & yellow tones
The majority of our perennials (compliments of the prior owners) are pink, purple or white, so we needed a color change!

Another pretty shot of a butterfly/moth on flowers.  @ T- this is the second of the pictures we discussed.  Let me know, which reminds me, I will e-mail those pictures you asked for pronto!

One fun aspect of our yard are the large landscaping rocks (I guess this is what you'd classify them as).  The girls love  to climb on them.  They were being silly, but this is sure a fun candid photo :)

No comments: