Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a nice day for a swim

And it truly was the day I captured these pictures.  In fact, it wouldn't be a bad day for a swim today, either!  The weather here has been far from usual- steaming hot days followed by below-average days, rain then sun, average temps overnight to freezing.  Hopefully summer will fully set in soon :)


I love our backyard!  I've said it before and will likely say it again, but I truly do!  And when I say "backyard,"  I am actually referring to everything outside of our house.  We have SO many flowers, which is awesome, but terribly time consuming!  On that warm, swim-weather day I took a few photos of some of my favorite flowers that the Nances left for us...




****************************************

 Finn thoroughly enjoyed being outside that afternoon (and every day).  He's such a cute and sweet puppy (well, most of the time)!



Finn is such a lazy pup!  I caught him laying like this and simply had to snap a picture :)  If you look closely, you will see a few small leaves in the right top and a brown dirt clod at the bottom left- yep, he decided it would be fun to play with them in his bed.  Hilarious!  This is probably one of my favorite pictures of him :)

**************************************

And finally to the pictures of our swim day!  These two girls love to play in the water, but who doesn't on a warm, sunny summer day??  

Berkley has a large battle wound on her forehead: she tripped and fell in Big J's parking lot two nights before.  To make matters worse, she had already skinned her knee and had a shopping cart (not our play one, a TJMaxx cart) run over her ankle (compliments of Daddy- neither one of them were paying attention when the accident happened), which was scrapped, that very same day!  Isn't she beautiful nonetheless?!
 Such a true beauty!  How lucky are we that our girls are fair skinned (though that can come with sun issues) and blue eyed?!?
 OK, if you know me very well, you will know that I adore pictures that aren't staged and capturing moments or views that are simply lovely!  Well, in my opinion, this is the epitome of those things- bouncy, full curls with Berk's sweet swimsuit bow beneath them.  It makes me smile :)


Yep, you've guessed it, these are my Instagram pictures for this post (oh, and the last one of Finn).  It's just fun to take pictures on there (and much less bulky than our camera, which I obviously love)!  Plus, there are moments when the camera is upstairs and my iPod is right beside me- we love pictures from all sorts of media at our house!

No comments: