Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A 3 year well-visit, milestones, Chloeisms, and more!

Aww! This cute little baby is just as sweet as can be! I took a few pictures of her in her crib because she is FINALLY there :-) Now that she's been sleeping through the night for a few weeks (90% of the time), we moved her into her crib. It was and, frankly, still is a little nerve-wrecking to have her in there. I worry that she'll wake Chloe up, and then I worry that Chloe will wake her up. So far, so good, though we did have a close call this morning. Berkley woke up at 6:30 (after sleeping a solid 12 hours, might I add), so I ran in quickly & quietly to get her. I closed the door behind me and sat down in bed with Berkley. After about a minute, I hear, "Daddy? (pause) Daddy? (two minute pause) DADDY?" I thought, 'Oh crap! What am I going to do? I just got Berkley back to sleep, and here Chloe is awake!' So, I yelled quietly (I'm still not sure if that's possible), "Daddy's gone. He's not here. I had to get Berkley." I never heard a peep out of her for another hour, so I guess she got her answer, felt satisfied, and fell back asleep!
I LOVE this picture! Holy cow, does she ever look like her Dad :-)
This picture captures the typical scenario of bathtime: Chloe hoarding all the toys while Berkley looks at her dissatisfied!
Big blues, cute nose, full lips, and, if you look VERY closely, a tiny second tooth! Yay, I never thought she'd have more than one tooth after nearly 3 months of having only one. She sure is a bearcat when she cuts teeth, but we're happy that she's got another one :-)
Yet another milestone: pulling to stand! She is still a little shaky, and she doesn't do it all the time, but it's fun to watch her. Another milestone that she's reached that we will post video of later is CRAWLING! It took her a few days of shaky, sort of scooting-like crawling, but she's finally got the hang of it! So fun!!
This is the GIANT floor puzzle we got Chloe for Christmas! She literally wants to build this thing every day :-)
Chloe working on the puzzle! She finished this in 5 minutes flat the other day. She would put puzzles together all day long if we had enough to fill an entire day!
What a sweetie!
Haha! Is it just me, or does she totally look like a little indian?! Love this little baby!




Chloe had her 3 year well-visit a couple of weeks ago! It's so unreal to me that she is 3 already... my baby is growing up. She faired well with Dr. McKenna, despite the unexpected shot that was added to the schedule weeks after her 2 year well-visit (which is why we missed it)! She is 33.6 lbs and 36 1/2 inches tall! According to the growth percentile chart this makes her short, 30% even! Not at all what I expected, but she's growing well and doing the things that she should be, so yay for her!
I have a couple of Chloeisms to add to wrap up this post. Enjoy!
1. After getting off of the phone with a guy from Wells Fargo:
Chloe: Who were you talking to?
Me, not wanting to explain the phone call: Just a boy.
Chloe: Oh, like Kenny? (For those of you who don't know, this is our friend Kenny who is married to Melanie & has a daughter, Taya)
Me: No, just a boy from the bank.
Chloe, clearly misunderstanding my saying "bank": Bake. (pause) Oh, like the Baker's man?
2. On our way to Logan to get groceries:
Me, seeing that the sun was shining right in Berkley's face: Sorry, sis! You probably can't see a thing!
Chloe, concerned: Don't worry, Mommy. I'll get the sun away for Berk. (pause) Could you please get out of Berkley's face, Sun? (pause, nothing happens) Sun, could you please move off of Berkley? (pause) I told it to move, and it just didn't listen!
Me: Well, that's probably because the sun doesn't have a mommy to listen to.
Chloe: Maybe its mommy will come talk to it soon.
Me, laughing: Well, who do you think the Sun's mommy is?
Chloe: Umm, maybe like Shari (her aunt, for those of you who may not know). Or maybe like that horse.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad that you are having success with Berkley in Chloe's room.

Jen Beckstrand said...

I love the Chloeisms. Cracks me up every time!!