Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chloe's 3rd birthday

Ugh! Despite my attempts to keep these in order, they never seem to cooperate! Nonetheless, the pictures are cute and that's all that matters! Plus, I figure if you're here looking at the pictures anyway, what's a little extra reading?! Here is Chloe "blowdrying" Berkley's "hair" with her hairdresser dress-up set!
This is even better: Chloe "cutting" Berkley's "hair," or dare I say lack thereof! Love it! On a side note, I have a Chloeism. She brought out these scissors and proceeded to "cut" her own hair. She looked up at me perplexed and said, "Why isn't it falling?" Haha! On another side note, I hope that you've all noticed Chloe's haircut! I think it's super cute, and we didn't do anything to it and it curled right under :-) Brittany took 4 inches off and it still seems like she has GOBS of hair!
Happily modeling her new birthday gift from us-- the look on her face when she opened it was priceless! She was so excited, likely because the last time we were in Magical Moon she saw it and said, "That's cute! I'd like that for my birthday." Yay for us!!
Chloe getting ready to blow out her 3 candles. She got two in one blow, but needed some extra air for the third.
So I just randomly took this picture of Berkley, and I actually really like it. Enjoy those big blues and full lips-- gorgeous!
This is the typical scene at Taylor family birthday parties: kids piled around the birthday girl/boy to help open gifts. Berkley even got in on the action this year, though I think she was more interested in figuring Austin out!
Princess crown cake numero uno. Please thank Chad for these beautiful and yummy cakes- I practically did nothing. What an amazing husband I have :-)
Princess crown cake numero dos. Honestly the only credit I can take is the design for this cake. I told Chad what I wanted it to look like, and he executed it perfectly! Chloe was so excited when she saw her cakes this morning (we baked and decorated them last night to have a more relaxing morning)!
The two cakes assembled on the pink wrapped board ready to be eaten!
Chloe got so many fun gifts! Before her party we video-chatted with my parents to open presents from them and Gram & Grandpa. The Greats got her a super cute nightie for her Bitty Twin doll. It came with a cute little bedtime story that Chloe carefully read to her baby- it was so cute to hear. And to top it all off, she carried the doll into her room to lay her down for bed. We heard her singing her a song and then she said a prayer with her; we heard her say, "...bless this day in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!" Then she quietly snuck out of her room and closed the door. It was adorable; it made my heart melt because we always sing a song and say a prayer with her before we leave her room and close the door :-)
Here she is exploring her SUPER housecleaning set. She was super pumped....
.... in fact, here she is excited to see all the pieces!
Haha! Whoops-- totally forgot to rotate this picture. Anyhoo, this is Chloe examining her new stencils from Grandma & Grandpa "Fedicks" (yes, it is not an easy name to say for anyone, or spell for that matter)! She absolutely LOVES these. I bet she did stencils for an hour before everyone came over for her party!
A look of excitement upon seeing that the Tropical Skirt set for her Bitty Twin came with cute little flip flops! This look more or less sums up the day. Chloe was beyond excited even up until bedtime tonight. She couldn't hardly contain it, which Mike & Emily should know! They called to wish her a happy birthday and she was running around like a chicken with her head cut off! I could hardly stop her to let them say, "Happy birthday!"
Chloe loves art, as I've mentioned MANY times before. She was elated to get these fun Do-A-Dot shimmer painters from the Greats! I can't wait to try them with her and see how they turn out :-)
Berkley chewing on a plastic play fork while holding a butter packet. Well, at least she was happy ;-)
Haha! In my attempt to incorporate a dramatic play element to Chloe's birthday pary I bought a few party hats and set out some fun birthday oriented things (i.e. play cake, ice cream cones, fake wrapped presents and bags). Chloe wanted Berkley to wear a hat, so I put one on her. I left the room and came back to Chloe bringing Berkley a plate with cookies and cake on it. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm playing pretend birthday with Berkley!" I thought I had better grab the camera for any hilarious occurence that could happen, and sure enough, I caught this! Too funny!!
Chloe happily holding one of her MANY balloons! I don't even know how many we have, but holy cow Mom! We'll have balloons for weeks :-)
Chloe showing off her "Princess" pin that she wore literally long enough for me to snap this picture! It lights up and everything, but it must not have been her style! Oh well, it was only a buck and at least we got this cute picture out of it :-)


Chloe had a really terrific birthday! Thanks to everyone for the cards, gifts, and love! It's so hard to believe that my little baby is 3; she's practically a grown-up. We love her so much, even all her cooky ways, and can't wait to spend the next year watching her grow and learn!!

No comments: