Monday, February 21, 2011

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Six years ago I was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was one of the single greatest decisions I have and will make in my entire life. I remember entering the waters of baptism reflecting on the words spoken just moments earlier by Sol, Chad's brother-in-law. He explained how baptism is like Christ's death and resurrection: entering the water symbolizes the end of sins and coming up out of the water is the start anew, a new life in a manner of speaking. After Chad brought me up out of the water, I remember feeling the Spirit so strong. I had never felt so clean, so holy in my entire life. Although I knew my decision was the right one beforehand, this was a further testimony to the decision I made.

My life has been so blessed through the gospel and the further knowledge I have gained regarding God, Christ, the Holy Ghost, our premortal life, and our life to come. I have honestly never felt so spiritually whole. I remember having some unanswered questions before Chad started sharing some simple truths that the Church teaches, and I am so elated to say that those questions have been answered and all the holes that I had before have been filled. I'm so thankful for the spiritual foundation my parents gave me (I am eternally thankful Mom & Dad); without it I wouldn't have had the desire to draw nearer to my Father in Heaven, the yearning to know more about Christ and where we came from, and the want to find the answers to the questions that I had had for quite a long time.

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I could not be more happy about it :-)

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I am so happy for you...and love how strong your testimony!! I loved that I could be there that day! You're so awesome!!

Jen Beckstrand said...

This post gave me chills. I look up to you so much! I still remember talking in ASL right before you were getting baptized. You were so excited and happy. So glad your my friend! Love ya!

Jen said...

Shanna- Thank you! I loved that you could be there that day too. And, I would be ungrateful if I didn't thank you for your strong testimony. It has strengthened me, and I am so thankful for that!

Jen- Thank you. I do remember that to; I was so excited, and it still makes me so excited and happy today! I'm so glad we're friends, too! Love ya!!