Sunday, July 15, 2012

a little swim party

CAUTION: Your eyes may become tired of reading this post and viewing its pictures because in spite of the title this post is far from little

I am terribly embarrassed by this, but I guess I tend to be a picture-a-holic, a picture-taking freak, if you will.  But, when it comes to taking pictures I take a lot because you never know what you might capture.  Plus, I figure the more I take the better chance I have of capturing a beautiful, wonderful, amazing or funny shot.  

OK, so down to business here... finally.  The Taylor clan has a swim party (or multiple parties) each summer.  We simply love them!  What better excuse to get adorable pictures of my nieces and nephews, right??!
This year we had almost all of the grandkids there, though we missed the Poci Taylor crew and Amanda & Erika.  Perhaps next time?  We hope so :) In addition to the Taylor bunch we brought Taya.  Melanie called me that morning and asked me to keep her, and of course I agreed.  We have so much fun at our house with Taya there!  She & my girls play so well together, and I'm always ready to help a true friend in need.  

The kiddos played, "swam," squirted water, made a mess in the sand box, ate yummy treats, including this one that we brought, grilled some hotdogs & hamburgers, played in the water some more, enjoyed a cool treat of popcicles & ice cream bars on that hot day, and headed home (well, we actually headed to Preston to my eye check-up and then to Stokes, but you get the idea).  How f.u.n.  
Hannah hanging out in her sweet chair from Down East
.... really would love to get a couple for my girls (Berkley loved it, which you will see below)


Taya had just devoured a couple of yummy Milano cookies

Not sure what Owen was doing here... haha!

Taya loves dogs, and, as I expected, she loved Casper
It was darling because Taya kept calling Alan & Christine Grandma & Grandpa :)

Yummy Cheetos!

Austin hanging out in one of the three pools

This one "cracks" me up!  Halle baring it in the sandbox :)
Hey Halle, think I could borrow a little of that cute bum... mine is pretty much nothing!

And this is where the mud comes in....

I think they might have brought a little too much water into the sandbox.  What are your thoughts?!

A mud-splattered Harley

Berkley washing off in the water

Not unlike her friends Chloe & Berkley, Taya loves to swing!

Halle & Harley swimming in the alligator pool, or was it a crocodile?  I can't remember!

Chloe adores Ryker!
Here they are playing animals digging in the sandbox.... I honestly think they played this for a good half hour!


I captured this photo (and the one above) of Wyatt helping Hannah walk around  the yard
What I didn't capture was him trying to help her into the pool, which luckily did not end with her ending up head first in the water!


Taya & Berkley "laid down" for a bit of a rest after our yummy lunch.
As you can see they did a lot of resting :)
What silly, happy friends!


We brought our fun, but crazy sprinkler to the party.  This thing literally sprays water everywhere!
Hayden had so much fun playing with it!

Dorito girl trying out Hannah's fun chair

Berkley playing on the playset


These boys had so much fun on the slip 'n' slide!
It looks like Aust sliding down the hose made for a water-filled face!

Grandpa, who is one of the children himself, getting in on the action!

Austin likely did not know he was showing much more than he probably wanted!


Ryker had fun trying on Austin's goggles!

This is a pure model shot of Taya.  Love!

My beautiful and still kinda chubby Berkley
I love that she still has some chub, it makes her still seem a bit like a babe... She is growing up way too fast



Grace & Berk "dancing"


Ring around the Rosies.....
.... all fall down!

More ring around the rosies!


So, as you can see, what had a wonderful day!  It was fun, and we're looking forward to another one (hopefully soon)!!

P.S.  I'm super excited to be caught up.... again!  I have a couple of small posts (unrelated to pictures) that will hopefully be coming before the weekend, so keep your eyes peeled!  Thanks for always reading :)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Great pictures Jen...it's a good thing that you take a lot of pictures because I don't think I took any. I know I can always count on you to take some good ones.