Saturday, September 3, 2011

Some Chloeisms and a word about Berkley's words

Chloe had a period where she really didn't say anything that was really funny. There were a few funnies sprinkled in here and there, though I never wrote them down, so they are now lost forever! Darn it!!


But, once again, she started saying some silly things that I thought I'd share before I forget!


*Chloe was walking around with a long pole that holds a flag and attaches to our bike trailer

Me: What are you doing?

Chloe: Walking. (Duh!)

Me: Why do you need that stick to walk?

Chloe: I'm walking with it like old grandmas do!


*While at West Side's football game, she said this to Chad's Mom out of nowhere

Chloe: Grandma, Berkley likes boobs.

Christine, who thought she said "books": What?

Chloe: Berkley just really likes boobs.


*While in Idaho Falls, we browsed a few stores. Chloe and I both needed to use the bathroom when she said this one

Me: I'm going to go into this stall. Which one are you going to choose?

Chloe: I'm picking this one. Let's have a race to see if my pee can beat your pee!

Me, laughing: Alright.

(I couldn't wait for her to SLOWLY get ready in the stall, so I went ahead to the bathroom)

Chloe: Hey! Your pee is winning!

Me: Sorry honey, I couldn't wait any longer!



Berkley has really started saying quite a lot. At this point it's mostly referential (she names things that she sees), but she knows names, animals, things inside and outside, body parts, and so on. She calls Chloe "Co co," and it is SO cute! When she says "daddy" she leaves the double d's out, which makes it sound like "da-ee." Her favorite animal to say is probably duck, and as far as people go, she LOVES to say "mom." The slide and swing are "wee"s, which is a total flashback to Chloe who also called them "wees!" It's so fun to see her language develop (as well as all the other areas of development)!

No comments: