Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nursing Pillow-- Boppy look-a-like

Alas! I've arrived at my FINAL baby related sewing project (with the exception of possibly deciding to make some more flowers if I get bored or have nothing else to do)! And, the best part, it's complete :-) I'm not sure how many of you have seen nursing pillows on the market, but Boppy is one of the most popular ones. Calling it a nursing pillow is sort of a misnomer because its purposes are much more vast than just helping support a baby while nursing/feeding a bottle. They can be used to prop up a baby's head while laying down to increase lines of sight, to prop up a baby's chest while laying on her stomach, to support a baby learning to sit alone, and Chloe's been using it for a neck pillow as of late! This is another one of my frugal projects: the Boppy sells for around $30 or more, while this one cost a whopping $11. This was by far one of the easier projects I've completed, and I've got to give thanks to Lotta Jansdotter, the author of the book I got the pattern from. Her sewing projects are simple and awesome, just the way I like them! Yay, it's done :-)

No comments: