Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My beautiful, yet very silly daughter

Don't even ask what she thought she was doing, but whatever it was ended up looking pretty silly! Oh, I can't even believe that tomorrow is the day I go from having one beautiful, precious, hilarious, bright, brilliant daughter to two. I'm extremely ready to be done with pregnancy. As enjoyable as it is there comes a point where the discomfort, lack of sleep, and awkwardness is almost too much to bear. I had a woman at church on Sunday say that she thinks it's a good thing that pregnancy last 9 months because God knows that after that much time of discomfort and whatnot that we're actually READY & WILLING to endure labor! I have to agree with her-- haha! Anyway, I'm also very excited to meet Berkley and see what she looks like, what her personality is like, and begin the journey of teaching her and knowing who she will become. On the other hand, I'm a little scared. I often wonder what kind of Mom I'll be to TWO children, and I do worry about how Chloe will adjust. However, I know that having Berkley has been & will continue to be an enormous blessing. I keep reminding myself that nothing we're handed in this life is too great for us to work through or overcome-- God will always provide a way for us through our faithfulness and trust in Him. I can't wait to step into this new chapter in my life with an amazing husband by my side, a brilliant daughter following behind, my terrific family who always supports me no matter what, and friends who are such a strength to me! I love ALL of you and am so happy to share this great event in my life. Wish me luck tomorrow; we'll take all the thoughts & prayers we can get! Look for pictures & updates likely late Thursday or Friday (depending on the length of our hospital stay)!!

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

Oh Jen, good luck!! :) two for me wasn't that big of an adjustment. you will do great with two. Isn't it a blessing to be able to just stay at home with them so you don't have to worry about work and finding a day care for your new little baby. we are blessed to stay at home. Anyway good luck with everything can't wait to see Berkley!!