Monday, April 26, 2010

A blanket for Berkley

Whoops! I did not intend to have this picture first, but that's ok! Anyway, this is a close-up of the "decorative" panel I added to this blanket for Berkley. I really wanted to make her a blanket that was super lightweight. So, I decided to get some shot cotton (which is extremely light-- it's the pink) and do a medium weight cotton panel to add something pretty to the plain nature of the blanket.
This is a full view of the blanket. It only took me around 3 weeks to complete (thanks in part to a massive to-do list with more demanding projects and to a certain 2-year-old who has decided that napping is no longer a daily priority), but it IS done! Now I've only got one larger project and some more flowers for hair clips to make-- I'll be so glad to be done sewing for a while!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute blanket and I love your spring decorations! Looks like you're getting all ready.