Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chloe & Berkley's Room-- Take 1 of, well we really don't know how many yet!

As I'm sure many of you know, Chad and I were having a bit of an issue in our attempts to decide how to organize Chloe's small room to fit Berkley too! We finally decided what we wanted to do, and after planning and re-planning, we finally came to a solution! Our first obstacle was Chloe's MASSIVE toy collection :-) With another crib in the room, we knew we couldn't keep our current toy organizer. So, to maximize our unused space, Chad designed and built these awesome toy cubbies (which do NOT have all of her toys-- her closet is extensively organized to fit a large remainder, and some still reside in our front room)! We stained the beadboard in the back, painted the rest of the cubbies black, and roughed up the edges to give it that worn-in look that we love so much!
And this is the other cubby that rests below the girls' large window (whoa-- "the girls'). Please disregard the paper towel with Pop-Tart-- that will likely not be there all the time :-)

This is the shelf/name sign I had Chad make for Berkley. We both decided on a longer shelf with room to hang fun knobs below to hang the wooden letters of her name! As you can see, I decided to cover the "B" with coordinating scrapbook paper to give it a little zest ;-) It turned out awesome!!


And here is some of my handiwork-- ta da! I've seen so many cute frames covered with scrapbook paper and adorned with ribbons, tulle, buttons, and so forth, but I'm always too cheap to buy them. The ones I've seen have run for anywhere between $8-$12. As I'm "thrifty," shall we say, I thought that maybe I could pull it off myself. I already had the buttons and paper, and the tulle cost a whole 27 cents, with the frame being a whopping $1.50 @ DI. I think it turned out pretty nicely given the cost and doing it myself!

Here is a visual of Berkley's sign/shelf & crib (outfitted with the same crib set that Chloe had). I know it's not the greatest shot, but at least you can sort of get the idea. What you can't see in the picture is that the crib actually has a pull-out drawer on the bottom. We have it stuffed full of quilts because we've already gotten two for Berkley and Chloe has a million!






No comments: