Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pictures {to come}

Alright, so I realize this is a teaser, but we have a lot of pictures to come.  I just wanted all of you to know that I'm not taking a break (or falling behind), but this week is going to be a bit crazy as Chad is preparing to leave for a hunting trip, and I'll be preparing for my mom to come visit {yay!!!!!}, which means I may or may not get to posting anything again until Wednesday night.

I will be uploading and editing like a mad woman (remember how much I accomplished when Chad was at the Widowmaker?)!  At least this time I'm simply getting current things posted :)

So, I figured, while you wait patiently for me to upload pictures of the things we've been up to lately (including a couple of photo shoots-can't wait to edit those babies) that I might share a few bloggers that I enjoy reading.  A few of these bloggers I personally know, while the others I simply enjoy reading.  I hope you'll check them out, if you have time, and that you will enjoy them!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Avenue is such a cute little company that creates and sells home decor!  They are based out of Utah (not far from Logan), and their stuff is amazing :) Every day they feature a sale item (that is typically 50% off retail), and they also do a weekly giveaway.  Mandy & Eric make other items and custom pieces, as well!  They're fabulous, and we love them (so does our house)!

Do you read Nie? If you don't, you should!  It is Stephanie Nielson's blog, a cute, crafty, fun mom who lives in Provo.  Her story is uplifting: she was in a terrible plane crash several years ago and was badly burned.  Want more info on her story?  You should read her book; it is wonderful, sad, uplifting, spiritual, and just great!  Her blog features her children (who are always dressed so adorably) and the fun activities they do.  It's fun reading about families who love being together :)

OK, so if you love vintage in the cute, farmhouse fashion, you should definitely check out Vintage Farm Furniture.  It is this sweet couple from Pocatello who refinish old pieces and who sell sweet interior items, too!  We've purchased a few things from them- they make it affordable, and the items are as amazing in person as they are online!

And, on a different note, I've been reading The Weed.  Here's a caveat: it absolutely is NOT what it sounds like, so no worries :)  I heard about this blog on facebook a few months ago when Josh (the author) posted this post.  His blog was about humor (and it still definitely is), but it has evolved.  Their story is interesting, thought-provoking, and different than any other perspective I've ever heard.  I like that.  I like that some people have different views.  For me, it restores my hope in love, diversity, and acceptance.  It's a good one, and I urge you to read it.  Much, much different from similar stories that are mainstream, which is something I always appreciate!

Well, I think I've supplemented your reading for the next few days!  Please remember to come back mid-week :)  Don't go forgetting about me!!

No comments: