Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Friendship

{I found this quote & picture here}

Friends. I have been thinking about friendship in general for the past several weeks, which was likely sparked by the passing of our dear friend (and Chad's best friend) Kenny.  For those of you who do not know, he had Melanoma cancer that began two years ago with an atypical mole.  We loved Kenny so much, and so many things remind us of him: Green Day songs, Dumb & Dumber, Ridiculousness, anything having to do with fishing or the Jazz... and the list goes on.  We miss him, and we certainly cherished his friendship.  Chad had the opportunity to speak at his funeral, which was not easy, but Kenny was whispering to Melanie that he should speak.  He took comfort (and, coincidentally part of his talk) from  this article.  What great comfort it brings knowing that this life is not the end- families are eternal, and I believe the friendships are, too.  I know that we will see Kenny again, and what a blessed day that will be!

My Grandma once said that she had the best friends.  Well, Gram, I'm going to have to steal your line because it definitely applies to me as well.  I do have the best friends anyone could ask for!  They are near and far, in different stages of their lives, but they are all amazing in more ways than one.  I know that I will never have the words to express my gratitude and love to my friends, but I hope that they know how much I love and care for them :)

Cherish your friends, love them, care for them, be there for them always.  Life is so precious, and we never know what life has in store next, so hold those that are dear to you closer.  And please don't hesitate to tell those you love that you love them, for you may never have the opportunity again....

Kenny, we love you so much.  We know you are at peace and enjoying all of those things that you love in Heaven.  Chad & I are so grateful that you will be watching over your sweet Melanie and cute, little Taya.  We will do all that we can to love and support them, and we know that your families will always be there for them, too.  We miss you; we think of you often; our prayers are with your forever family here on this earth; we love you, friend :)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Thanks for bring tears to my eyes Jen....beautifully written!