Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bye-bye Binky


I've got to admit that I'm a little ashamed to say that until 1 month ago my two and a half year old had a binky (granted she only had it for nap and bedtime for the last 9 months... for the most part). I remember having Chloe and thinking, 'When she's 1 the binky will be gone forever!' That was until she became enamored with the silly, stinky bink! Our next goal was 18 months, which came and went with a blink of an eye. Still, she had her binky. At this point I thought, 'Well, there's not really any rush. She's only a year and a half. Before we have another baby she'll be rid of it.' Shortly after I found out I was pregnant and the bye-bye binky debate played once again in our heads. Time inched closer and closer to Berkley's arrival, and the binky was STILL around! It came too close to her coming, and we decided to wait until after things became adjusted with Berkley to help Chloe give up her binky. The day FINALLY arrived, and she took it like a champ! After three nights she didn't get upset at all near bedtime. She hardly even mentions it anymore, despite the fact that Berkley has one. I'm so happy for her. You're probably wondering about the monster in the picture with Chloe (don't you love how her eyes are closed?! I guess she gets that one from her mama!): This is what Chloe chose to "replace" her binky. Mimi is her new bedtime friend and joins her & Mr. Monkey every night at bedtime. She pretty much wants to take Mimi EVERYWHERE, but doesn't with our coaxing :-) I can't believe she gave it up, but I'm so proud of her for doing it gracefully!

No comments: