Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This little piggy...

Looking right at the camera!
Such a sweetie! Gotta love her chubby cheeks :-)
Our sleeping beauty! Does she have a gorgeous little mouth or what?!
So serious...
Berkley's cute profile!
You might be asking yourself why I titled this post "This little piggy..." Well, allow me to explain. Berkley has been sort of fussy nursing the last week and a half, and being the worry-wart I am, I made three phone calls to Dr. McKenna's office asking what might be the problem. After three different, yet seemingly valid answers and a persistently fussy eater, I decided to take her in for a weight check and talk to Dr. Mckenna's nurse in person. I described the situation to the nurse and the three answers I was given. Then, I put Berkley on the scale and found out that the problem is NOT that she's not getting enough... she weighs 10lbs 15oz @ 4 weeks old. The nurse explained to me that she may be overeating due to over-production and advised me to alter the way I nurse. The last day and a half has been wonderful; I enjoy nursing again, and Berkley is no longer the fussy baby she was last week! What's so funny about her weight is that Chloe weighed that much at 8 weeks. I guess we do have a little piggy on our hands :-)





No comments: