Monday, August 17, 2009

Jello. More...?

So, I finally made jello molds to put in Chloe's sensory table. I've only had the jello sitting in the pantry for like two months! I have the best intentions.... Anyway, as you can see, she really got her hands dirty! She loved it and wasn't apprehensive at all about the texture :-) Yes, there are ice cubes in there too- she loves ice, so I thought I'd add it so that she'd have something familiar.
Squishing the slippery, smooth jello! This activity gave us a lot of new texture words to discuss and learn :-)
"Jello!" Well, at least you're getting the "o" in jello from this picture. If you're wondering about the title, allow me to explain. After all the jello had melted and colored water was left, she asked, "Jello more?" But, I didn't have any more jello. She was pretty sad, but was easily distracted by the remaining ice cubes! Just an interesting side note: I tried putting water and cornstarch in the sensory table today- for those of you who are unfamliar with its properties, cornstarch and water mixed is a liquid until you pick it up and it becomes a solid. It's really cool, but it scared Chloe so she kept saying, "Owie, owie." Then she asked for more jello... :-)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun project Jen. It looks like she is having fun! I remember doing those tables when I taught daycare. Fun idea.

Jen Beckstrand said...

A Sensory Table?! Oh my you are such a good mom! Remind me to do that when I have kids k! :)